UPDATE: This event was held on May 23, 2019.
To the marketers, advertisers, and brand strategists; the account executives and project managers. To the designers, illustrators, animators, and developers…
Ad Club Lexington and Marrow are bringing back the Interactive Social conference for its 5th iteration (IS5) on Thursday, May 23 at the Lexington Public Library’s Farish Theater.
Everything You Need to Know About IS5
To celebrate our fifth anniversary, we’ve expanded the conference to include five speakers from across the country, culminating in a keynote address from one of America’s most well-known and (self-admittedly) weirdest graphic designers: Aaron Draplin. What’s more? Draplin will host a workshop for 30 participants during the morning session of the conference.
Draplin also knocked out our posters & branding for this year’s event, building off the visual history of Interactive Social:
We’ll also hear from:
- 2017 Adobe Creative Resident and Motion Infographic designer, Jessica Bellamy on data storytelling and social innovation.
- Creative director of the brand strategy, design, and technology agency—Marrow—Adam Brown on how brands influence the way we think about ourselves.
- Marketing professor and former comedy club owner, Chuck Gulas will share with us how and why humor works the way it does in advertising.
- Andrés Orrego, founder and principal creative of DREGOS, a Louisville design studio, will share his creative philosophy of “Design for Good” and how it fuels his passion project: LoveCycle.
We’ll be hanging out all day, connecting and interacting. We’re even prepping a collaborative playlist.
- 9:00: Donuts and Coffee
- 9:30: Charles Gulas (Humor in Advertising)
- 9:30: Aaron Draplin Workshop Begins
- 10:30: 10-Minute Break
- 10:40: Andrés Orrego (Design for Good)
- 11:40: Lunch
- 12:00: Aaron Draplin Workshop Ends
- 1:00: Jessica Bellamy (Data Storytelling and Social Innovation)
- 2:00: 10-Minute Break
- 2:10: Adam Brown (What Does It Mean? How Brands Shape Personal Identity)
- 3:10: 10-Minute Break
- 3:20: Aaron Draplin (Keynote)
- 5:00: Conference Ends
Tickets go on sale Thursday (April 25) at 11:00 AM EST. You’ll be able to secure a ticket to the conference as well as purchase admission to the Aaron Draplin workshop as an add-on. Seating for the conference is limited and EXTREMELY limited for the workshop. We anticipate the event to sell out.
Interactive Social 51
- Non-Member: $90
- Non-Member Group (8+): $75
- Member: $60
- Member Group (8+): $45
- Regional Non-Lexington AAF Member: $75
- Students: $45
- Parking (Add-On): $6
Aaron Draplin Workshop2
- Workshop Admission: $150
- DDC Admission Package3: $200
172 hours prior to the event, prices increase $15.
2Admission to the Aaron Draplin Workshop is in addition to IS5 ticket purchase.
3Includes admission to the Aaron Draplin workshop with signed DDC Book; set of Field Notes; pencil, sharpie and pen; and some DDC stickers. Valued at approximately $65.
May 23, 2019 - 9:00 am
Lexington Public Library’s Farish Theater
$60 for Members, $90 for Non-Members (+ Group Discounts)