Are you a student looking to meet some of Lexington’s finest advertising professionals? Are you curious about the industry and want to soak up as much information as possible? If so come check out one of the university sponsored Ad Clubs. These Ad Clubs are focused on the success of all students who are interested in becoming a professional in the business. Our groups help to inform students of all aspects of advertising and marketing while also helping to build relationships with local industry professionals.
Part of the mission of AAF Lexington is to encourage, assist and train young people in the advertising profession. One way in which we do this is through a strong relationship with the Student Ad Club at the University of Kentucky.
Each year a $1000 Scholarship is awarded to a deserving student on the verge of a promising advertising career. The scholarship winner will be recognized at the annual ADDY Awards Gala.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a four-year accredited college or university in the Commonwealth of Kentucky with a student chapter of the American Advertising Federation on campus and must be a member of the student AAF chapter.
- Applicants must have a declared major in advertising, integrated strategic communications, marketing communications, public relations, graphic design or related fields
- Applicants must have a current GPA of 3.0 or higher
Please provide the following documents:
- A current resume
- A link to an online portfolio (preferred) or a single PDF containing work samples
- A letter of recommendation from someone in an advertising-related field (for example, one of your major professors or a advertising-related job/internship supervisor)
- A short essay (maximum 500 words) answering ONE of the following questions: 1. What do you see as the future of advertising? And, what must advertising education teach to ensure new graduates are prepared to face this future? 2. What do you think is the most effective ad campaign that has run in the past year? Why?
Email application materials to Jeff Hancock (firstname.lastname@example.org) using “Attn: AAF Scholarship Committee” as the subject line. All entries MUST be received by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, February 20, 2018. Scholarship winners will be notified by phone and/or email and will be presented with a check during the American Advertising Awards ceremony on Friday, February 23 at the Lyric Theater.